Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure if this is in the right part of the forums, but anyways...

I put my hand up to his tank mistakenly, not realizing that my betta fish was right there. I accidentally scared him! And now whenever I come up to his tank he swims to me and does this angry weird jerky swimming. His body is curled and he shakes his tail around at me! What does this mean? Is he stressed?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i added it about a week ago

the temperature before it was put in was about 74

the temperature when the heater is in gets up to 78

but the temperature keeps moving up and down slightly about 2 degrees

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
well then it has to be from me accidentally scaring him

whenever i go up to him he frantically swims around, bumping into the plants and gravel

his eyes look like goat eyes, and he has a dark stripe going from his eye through his body (stress stripes)

his color became pale

literally yesterday when i came up to his tank he would come up to me and swim around and be happy

now he is like scared of everything

:(

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
in fact, now that i think about it

this morning at like 6:30 when i was getting ready for school, my fish was swimming around all happy and everything

and when i got home he is all stressed out and scared and frantic

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
okay,

just now i gave him a yummy blood worm

he was excited swimming around when i was holding the food container in my hand, but then after he ate the blood worm he was still skeptical of me

he would only swim to me if i wasnt looking, if i looked at him he would either stop or swim the other way, and if i slightly moved he would dart to the far side of the tank behind a plant

wow, this fish is making a big deal about me accidentally scaring him!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts