Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got this snow samurai from a nearby store. Both eyes are fully pearly white. The seller told that it's not blind and It was flaring in the store so it got him. but after getting it home
Water Fish Liquid Marine biology Fin

e it's not even flared once. Changed tanks and light also still not flaring. He eats from the bottom only. And I'm not sure if he is a male or female. And if he is blind can anything be done?

Attachments

· Registered
551 Posts
Unfortunately, your betta buddy has what is known as Diamond Eye, which is more common in these types of colorations. Sadly, the only thing you can do is to make him feel comfortable in his environment, as there is no cure to this. Maybe some tannins, some soft live plants so he won't be able to tear his fins, and potentially a feeding ring so that he knows where the food is

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Unfortunately, your betta buddy has what is known as Diamond Eye, which is more common in these types of colorations. Sadly, the only thing you can do is to make him feel comfortable in his environment, as there is no cure to this. Maybe some tannins, some soft live plants so he won't be able to tear his fins, and potentially a feeding ring so that he knows where the food is
Thank you! I will change the setup.

· Registered
Neptune (HMDT), Indigo (VT), Manchester (Galaxy Koi)Bunker (K9)
198 Posts
Oh Thank-you for rescuing this beautiful baby! He does indeed have diamond eye. It is a condition found in dragon scale bettas that causes the scales to cover the eyes, rendering them blind. I have a dragon female with diamond eye and she is thriving. In addition to the suggestions previously mentioned, I gently tap the rim if the tank to let her know when it is feeding time. They are very intelligent and catch on quickly. She has live plants as well because they are gentle if she happens to bump into them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts