Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey! So I'm kind of new to fishkeeping, and have been raising this little male veiltail betta named Arlo for a while. I got him from a chain pet store, and when I brought him home he was a turquoise color with a dark colored head and pinkish fins (I only have this one picture of him at this stage, sorry!).

It's been nearly 7 months now, and last week I noticed that the top of his head and his body was turning red/paler. I kind of freaked out a bit cause I thought he was sick, before I realized that his behavior remained exactly the same. The color continued to spread across his body, and now he is a completely different color that I don't even know how to describe. It's like a combination of pink, purple, turquoise, and pearly white that changes under the light. Each scale seems to be rimmed with a red/pink color that you can kind of see in the picture.

I did some research and thought that it might be marbling, but I'm not exactly sure, so I wanted to see if anyone with more experience would know? And what color would I use to describe it?
Thanks!

Bird Beak Feather Fin Wing
Water Fin Fish Underwater Terrestrial plant
Water Organism Fish supply Fin Fish

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Wow. That’s quite the transformation!

It looks like a natural change to me but I’ll leave the actual determination to someone with more experience.

As long as his behavior is normal I don’t think it’s anything to worry about. But if you have concerns you can start a thread in the
Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies section.

Be sure to fill out the form in the pinned thread “PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING”. You can simply copy and paste the form into your post.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts