Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Hi,
I had a red CT with the exact same colouring, let us know how you go with the flashlight but i think he may be ok compared to some pics i've seen of velvet but i've had no personal experience so definitely get some more advice on that.

As for the tips of his fins, have you tested the water at all? it MAY be the start of rot (i'm new myself and had a bit of a rude shock when i realised what was going on with my 4 so i may be jumping to conclusions) if you have any pics of him the day you got him or early on to compare him to it could be usefull. the deterioration of the fins could be due to any ammonia build up or spike. i don't have filtered tanks myself but that could be something to check maybe? let us know how you go =)

·
Registered
140 Posts
If you haven't treated a Betta before you may have a few questions, let us know how you go and if you need any guidance for treatment (it may seem silly but for me the first time was rather stressful so if you'd like step by step instructions we can help).
Good Luck!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.