Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
hi there! From what I’ve learned females can become eggy even without a male being present. They will either reabsorb them or lay and (sometimes eat them); they eggs will naturally fall as there is no male to put them anywhere. Some choose to siphon the eggs out if they don’t want their females having an extra snack or leaving them.
It sounds like she’s healthy from your description but it always helps to show a picture of the fish in question so our betta community can have more to work with 😃 hope this helped in some way.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Oh my goodness! Wow. I’m sorry that has happened. hopefully we have an answer soon from someone more knowing. On the Betta Forum to investigate more they have us fill out this form which I’ve pasted below. Once completed you paste into your reply and then hopefully someone, once seeing your answers, can give a more concrete answer or idea into why she might’ve passed.

Housing:
How many gallons is your tank?
Does it have a filter?
Does it have a heater?
What temperature is your tank?
Does your tank have an air stone or other type of aeration?
Does your Betta have tank mates? What kind?

Food:
What food brand do you use?
Do you feed flakes or pellets?
Freeze-dried?
How often do you feed your Betta? How much?

Maintenance:
Before your Betta became ill how often did you perform a water change?
What percentage of water did you change?
What is the source of your water?
Do you vacuum the substrate or just dip out water?
What additives do you use other than conditioner? What brand of conditioner?

Water Parameters:
What are your water parameters? Please give exact numbers. If tested by pet store please get exact numbers. "Fine" or "Safe" won't help us help you. Important: Test your water before the regular water change; not after one.

Ammonia:
Nitrite:
Nitrate:
pH:
Hardness (GH):
Alkalinity (KH):

Symptoms and Treatment:
When did you first notice the symptoms?
How has your Betta’s appearance changed?
How has your Betta’s behavior changed?
Is your Betta still eating?
Have you started treating your Betta? If so, how?
Does your Betta have any history of being ill?
How long have you owned your Betta?
Was he or she ill or suffering some sort of damage when purchased?

PLEASE PROVIDE CLEAR PHOTOS

NOTE: EMBED YOUR PHOTOS. PLEASE DO NOT LINK. Click on the paper clip in the toolbar.”

·
Registered
33 Posts
Yes it’s when a female is egg bound. It can be problematic for the female if they are neither absorbing or releasing them. That’s why this is interesting because the female seemed to be releasing just fine it seems. Hopefully we get better ideas in the future of what could have happened.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts