Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
idk if my Betta is sick .. or possibly sleeping. at night and sometimes he seems to float at the top then swim around a little bit.. but then go back to the top. so could he possibly be sleeping? ? and he also keeps his top fin down in this state.. .which is unusual for him. he usually is bright and cheery with all fins spread out.

·
Banned
27,608 Posts
If he just does this at night I wouldn't worry too much. Some bettas sleep on the bottom of the tank and some stay at the top. I have one who floats on his side at night. Most of the others sleep on the bottom, some pretty soundly, too. lol Sometimes I have to jiggle the container to get them to wake up. lol

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
lol yeah. my boys sometimes sleep at the bottom and sometimes at the top. I guess it's just wherever they want to be.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Is there any decor, maybe he just needs something to lodge himself in when he sleeps.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
really..? hmm okay then.. i hope he's okay. he folds all of his fins up and doesnt look too great. but yeah i kinda jiggle it too to make sure he's awake. and he has a plant in his tank

1 - 5 of 5 Posts