Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hope I put this in an ok section of the forums :shock:

So for once in a very long time today, my male multicolored crowntail TyeDye actually flared at a mirror (which now he is refusing to leave that corner even though there is no mirror and nothing is there lol) but it was the first time I could actually get a good look at his fins. I noticed his tail is not all spiked like most crowntails are, is his tail normal? He's just a simple little petco boy that I fell in love with last December and he has been happy ever sense :) Any help is appreciated :)

With lighting

This second picture is with no lighting because I was trying to calm him down, he wouldn't stop flaring at the corner even with no mirror there lol, Silly Boy.

·
Premium Member
22,700 Posts
Yep, he's just a mixed tail type so he's more like a Combtail rather than a Crown.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ohhhhh interesting! Good good, glad nothing is wrong and it's normal :D Thanks lil!

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok, I am bringing this back up cause I do not think he's a comb tail :shock: I think he has a case of fin rot that I have not been able to spot due to his dark coloring on his fins, and because he's a crowntail. I recently have noticed from these pictures I posted on this thread his tail has gotten smaller, however I am seeing regrowth on his tail right now so I am very confused as to if he still has it and the severity of the rot if it's still there. Here are some pictures to compare from the ones back June to today:

How should I deal with this :-?

·
Premium Member
22,700 Posts
I see very minor bits of fin rot on him but it looks more like he's bitten off more of it rather than it rotted off. You can treat him with antibiotics though to get rid of that rot quick. What did you have on hand?

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Huh tail biting o.o Wonder why he's doing that, he's got 5g of space to swim where he pleases lol, and I have T-Sulfa still from banana if that'll work c:

·
Premium Member
22,700 Posts
Yeah T. Sulfa will work. It's just minor bits, I see a bit on his anal fin and one spot on his caudal, nothing serious but it'd be easier to go a round and get rid of it now.

No idea why he would bite his tail, there are so many different reasons why he could be doing it and most of the time it's not because of your care or anything, it's just a mental thing they do.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Will daily 50% changes get rid of it by chance before we try the medicine sense it's so mild? I will gladly do the medicine, only concern is I don't have a QT tank and with a 5g that's gonna be a lot of water as well as medicine to dose o.o

·
Registered
579 Posts
Doing the water changes (alone) may very well do the trick, my suggestion would be to do them relatively slow (drip method) so as not to stress him out any further than he may already be, and monitor closely... If no marked improvement occurs or you continue to see significant deterioration, despite the regular WC, then by all means use the medications....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.