Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a cheap top fin enchant aquarium that is 3.5 gallons. I've added two Anubis nana petite on the same piece of driftwood and one moneywort (Bacopa monnieri) in the background behind a decoration that they sell at PetSmart witch is a tree trunk with a face on it I've also added some marismo moss glued on to the decoration, ive also added a small leave plant(seeds) carpet that I bought from eBay. I'm thinking of buying one betta one baby dwarf shrimp and a mystery snail, and I was wondering if my filtration that came with the thank is good enough to keep with everything that's going on inside the tank

I just start on this set up and most of the thing that've said are on its way and im planning on adding them to what I have rn

·
Registered
411 Posts
Hi

I'm thinking of buying one betta one baby dwarf shrimp and a mystery snail,
Honest answer, That will all depend on the Betta, He may eat the shrimp in the first 5 minutes or not, same for the snail he may or may not nip it.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
I would assume that the filter is adequate. Shrimp and a single snail don't add too much to the bio-load, though you will want to make sure that the tank has been fully cycled before adding the shrimp because they can be sensitive to water conditions. And as Mr Grumpy said, some bettas will snack on shrimp.

However, I'm a bit concerned about the size of that decoration- it looks like it takes up quite a lot of space. If it's hollow, with places for the betta to swim through (all holes should be big enough for your thumb to fit through, or a betta may get stuck), then it may be fine. If it's solid or has dangerously-sized holes I would advise against having it in the tank.

Perhaps you can keep it next to the tank, so you still get to see it, but your betta has more swimming room. And you'd have room for more plants, because more plants are never a bad thing. ;)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts