Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. About three weeks ago I rescued a severely neglected and very sick betta- who I thought was terminally ill. To my delight- I was wrong and my little guy seems to be getting better every day in a 2.5 gallon, heated, filtered tank- with frequent water changes and daily methylene blue baths. He has severe fin rot- which seems to be improving, and very bad ammonia poisoning, which is also receding. My question is- he seems much smaller than most male bettas his age- even my sisters betta who is probably 6 months younger is basically twice his size. Should I be worried? He was very, very skinny and emaciated when I got him and he seems to be growing healthier and stronger now, but he is still just small. Not disproportionate or anything- he is lovely and I'm sure he will be beautiful when his fins finish growing back- but small, like a miniature version of a typical betta. I think his body is just over an itch, and I don't know exactly how long he is supposed to be because his tail fins have not grown in much yet.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Can you post a pic?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I wish I could- but I can't seem to post pictures lately- every time I try to click on the small button to attach a picture- it just doesn't do anything- and I don't know any other way to post a picture so I don't know how..

·
Registered
495 Posts
Go to advanced.
Click manage attachments and upload a pic you want.

Or is that how you're doing it?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts