Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello, its me again and i was wondering if this care sheet was reliable as i just ade it and was wondering if it was any good
Ludwigia Repens

Common Name - Red Ludwigia or Broad Leaf Ludwigia
Proper Name - Ludwigia Repens
Temperature Range - 60 to 84 Fahrenheit
Optimum Growth Temperature - 74 to 80 Fahrenheit
Placement in tank - Mid Ground to Back Round
Lighting - Medium to high lighting or 2 wattage per gallon to 4 wattage per gallon
Maximum size - 20 inches or 1 foot 8 inches
Growth rate - Fast (in the right conditions)
Difficulty - Easy
Origin - North America
Category - Stem Plant
PH - 5 to 8
Can be grown out of water - Yes
Ludwigia repens can be grown in most aquariums with these few requirements, as long as you can provide the things listed above your plant should grow beautifully. This plant usually grows to about 20 inches at MAX, that is why it is usually advised for mid to backround and the width of each stem is 2 to 3 inches, depending in the leaf growth. Ludwigia Repens colors vary depending on the lighting, they are a light green when in 2 WPG light color red on 3 WPG and a very rich color of red in 4 WPG and brighter. this Ludwigia originates from North america. it can tolerate a range of temperatures that vary from 60 to 80 but for the most growth you should place it in a tank with temperatures ranging from 74 to 80. In my own experience this ludwigia is a very beautiful plant with very few requirements to grow well, and almost always will grow very fast, i also have noticed that these plants usually experience melt when introduced to a new aquarium. but it is not very bad only a few leaves. not all of them the melt is not as bad with this plant
Is This an okay care sheet, i just made it and was wondering if it is reliable.
Thanks for all the help

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
Seems very thorough, I have not had ludwigia but I plan on getting some for my tank that I am getting for Christmas. Maybe someone that has expierence can tell you if some facts are a bit off but very very nice. I will use this guide btw.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
okay, and thanks for the compliments. i hope you do use it

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh just found out that it can grow red in as little light as 2 watts per gallon with added ferts and Co2
Oh and thanks!

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
oh okay, good to know. so you only had a 20 watt light and i grew a bright red, it can grow a light redish color in a 20 watt light but i never knew that it could grow a brighter red in a 20 watt light

·
Registered
309 Posts
Its actually not even a 20w light, but I dont have the water filled all the way either. My fixture has an 18w 6700k bulb & the other is a colormax which I don't think helps plants (its made to bring our fish colors).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.