Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Nadja, The Rosetail Betta
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help me assess whats wrong w my betta. attached are some pics.
this has all happened within the past 36 hours now.
i changed the water last night.
my betta is is a 3 gal w heater and filter around 75 degrees. She has been in my kitchen for the past month doing great. fins beautiful. everything fine. checked water levels too. all good.
i mover her back to the living room and this happens. i thought it was a new decoration i pit in there so i took it out but the the lower tears appeared the next day. she does seem stressed all the sudden, like she will bolt around the tank or swim franticly or lay on the gravel. she wasnt doing this before i moved her.
the only difference between her new spot and the kitchen is that the kitchen had a white lightbuld and the new spot has a yellow lightbulb.
Help. im so upset she was healng on rip so well and looked so good and now this

I cant tell if it is nipping or ripping. when i moved her i put 2 new decorations in there. noticed the top rip and took the big one out. noticed the bottom rips and took the other one out and changed water. idk

Plant Flower Automotive lighting Organism Pink
Flower Plant Petal Terrestrial plant Feather

·
Registered
Flash
686 Posts
Hi,

Usually when chunks are missing in a short period of time, that means fin nipping, if it wasn't the new decor.

She probably liked it better in the kitchen I'm thinking? Or maybe the move itself got her going.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi,

Usually when chunks are missing in a short period of time, that means fin nipping, if it wasn't the new decor.

She probably liked it better in the kitchen I'm thinking? Or maybe the move itself got her going.
the struggle! i guess ill wait it out a bit. i ordered a flip on light that looks like my kitch light so maybe thatll help

·
Registered
Flash
686 Posts
Yeah, sometimes it's hard to figgure out the trigger for fin nipping behavior. Our long finned bettas tend to do that a lot. Even watching my little veil tale boy try to move around is sometimes exhausting.

I would keep her water super clean for the next week or two to avoid infection/problems. And I don't know if you have any Indian almond leaves in your tank, but you could look into adding one or two for the tannins. Or, rooibos tea will do the same thing, as long as you get the organic kind with no caffeine. It will help with her stress level, too. Great stuff, if you can stand the brown tinted water! :)

·
Registered
Sundance (Elephant Ear Betta), Johnny (Guinea pig), Kooky (Guinea pig)
182 Posts
I'm really sorry but that's a male not a female. Females don't have huge fins like that I don't think. I feel your pain though. I had a parakeet for 15 years before I found out she was a he lol Wonder Peep stayed Wonder Peep though. Nice unisex name.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm really sorry but that's a male not a female. Females don't have huge fins like that I don't think. I feel your pain though. I had a parakeet for 15 years before I found out she was a he lol Wonder Peep stayed Wonder Peep though. Nice unisex name.
Yeah i know its male. i call her transgender. 🤣

1 - 6 of 6 Posts