Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone tell me if this is a sign of FIN ROT or what it is. I just notice this evening, since Marcheillo doesnt normally flare up and I can't really tell if something is wrong with his fins, until now. I notice this today when I did water change. :shock::shock::shock: Please help! Thank you

Attachments

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
It is kinda hard to tell, but does he have a black tips to all his fins like his fins have been burnt? does he have any sharp decorations in his tank?

we need a little more info first:

how big is you tank?
how often do you clean your tank?
when did you start noticing symptoms?
have you treated your fish with anything?
what do you add each water change to your water?
how often do you feed your fish?
does your fish have any tank mates?If so what?
Have you tested your water lately? If so,:

ammonia:
nitrite:
ph:
nitrate:
hardness:

Do you have a filter?
Heater?
what is the temperature of the water?

Thanks

·
Registered
3,853 Posts
I can't tell from the picture either but if he has jagged fins and it happens almost overnight or in a few hours, he may be biting his fins. VT and HM's can become bitters sometimes if their fins are annoying them. They can also bite out of boredom or anger.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
He is currently on 2.5G divided tank, with another Betta, Louie V. The tank has filter, and heater with temp between 78-80, base on guidance from this Forum. :) I had notice this yesterday when I did water changed. Im not sure if this just started or its been there I just never noticed it. Its very unusal for him to flare up, but for some reason yesterday he did, I do 100% WC every week. They used to be on 1/2G, for almost 1yr. Just about 2 months ago when I transfered them on 10G tank, as once again suggested for better health of my Bettas, according to this Forum. I have never treated them for any sort of sickness, they have always been very mellow Betta's. Hopefully this is just due to boredom, which is easy fix, just need to buy more toys. I supposed :question: How to un-stress him? if that is so? Thank for your kind replies.

·
Registered
3,853 Posts
If he can see the other betta, that may be stressing him out.
I would keep an eye on it, to see if large chunks go missing in a few hours or if a black outline develops (fin rot)
I have some tail bitters myself. Both are VT's. The one guy's tail is starting to regrow but the other guy, he is still bitting and I do not know why.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts