Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ariel has a white spot behind her eye this morning and I suspect it is Ich? I'm reading conflicting information about how to treat it so any advice would be helpful!!

Housing:
How many gallons is your tank: 2.6g
Filter: Yes
Heater: Yes
Temperature: 80-82
No Air stone/aeration
No tank mates

Food:
Brands -Omega One Marine Mini Pellets, frozen thawed bloodworms on occasion
How often? -1x/day, 6 days a week

Maintenance:
Water change anytime water showed any readings above 0 (every 2-3 days).
20% water changes while healthy
Some substrate was vacuumed but mostly just dip out water
2-3 drops of Seachem Prime for treating new water
Water is heated before adding (boil + mix with cold tap, then treat with seachem and put into tank

Water params: (from API Master Test)
Ammonnia: 0ppm
Nitrite: 0ppm
Nitrate: 0ppm
pH: 7.4-7.6
GH/KH: Not read

If any Ammonia or Nitrates found the water is changed.

Symptoms and Treatment:
When did you first notice the symptoms? This morning (2/27/2016)
How has your Betta’s appearance changed? One white spot
How has your Betta’s behavior changed? Behavior seems normal. She might be darting around slightly more than usual.
Is your Betta still eating? Yes
Have you started treating your Betta? No
Does your Betta have any history of being ill? No
How long have you owned your Betta? 6 weeks

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hmmm. I'm not quite sure what that is. Honestly, I wouldn't be too worried about it just yet. When my betta had Ich, it was really obvious. He was very lethargic, having trouble breathing, sat in the bottom of the tank, wouldn't eat, had white spots all over and his fins started to deteriorate. Let us know how she is doing behavior-wise as the week goes! I don't think you should try to medicate yet or do anything rash. Just keep the water clean and warm and keep doing what you're doing!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi MiniMusic! Thank you for the reply! Good to know that doesn't look too troublesome so I will follow your advice. Do you think adding some aquarium salt may be beneficial at this point?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi MiniMusic! Thank you for the reply! Good to know that doesn't look too troublesome so I will follow your advice. Do you think adding some aquarium salt may be beneficial at this point?
How is she looking/behaving right now? Maybe a closer picture of the white spot could be more helpful for us!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts