Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I woke up this morning to find my boy opening up his gills a lot, or what seems like a lot to me. Or is it not?

Here is a video so you can judge it. I also gave him food (0:22) off my finger so you could see his apetite, I think he's eager to eat and eats healthy. He seems to be acting normal other than that. I don't know what suddenly happened over night... He still swims up to take a gulp of air in very normal intervals, I'd say.

The problem is, today is the national holiday over here and all the shops are closed and my nitrates test requires me to have distilled water. In have an old barrel in the basement and i will try to do the test with that, but I just don't know how accurate that'd be.

Here's a photo of the entire tank. I'm not even sure why, but couldn't hurt to add.

Edit: Did the tests, ph should be accurate since it didn't require distilled water and I don't know how much the age of the distiled water actually affects the nitrates test, but I tried.

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
Looks like normal breathing to me; if it's not, then all 200+ of my fish (including community fish) are sick with the same thing, whatever it is.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Okay!
Then I think I'm going crazy. :D thank you. I have no idea why today, I just woke up and thought to myself that that is too much... Actually my boyfriend called a fishocondriac today as in a hypochondriac but with my fish. I just think I observe him way too much ever since he started nipping and it's getting to me :D

Looks like normal breathing to me; if it's not, then all 200+ of my fish (including community fish) are sick with the same thing, whatever it is.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts