Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My betta, Bill, has been sick and is still recovering, and has been lethargic over the last week, tonight I changed his water 25% and I've noticed he's super active, coming zooming over to me when I put my face to his tank, I held up a chocolate wrapper to his tank and he flared at it - guess he doesn't like chocolate huh, and he's swimming around looking at his tank, because I changed a few things around but this is what is interesting me, he keeps resting on things at the top of his tank like his thermometer and indian almond leaf and he gets himself on these items so that he's partially out of the water.. not his face and gills though, and he just rests there.
Is this a good thing for him to be doing? I've added amolock to his water as the ammonia is at about .25 - .50 but he doesn't seem stressed and darting everywhere like he's done in the past he's just swimming about exploring and coming to see me

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I know, I bought him a leaf hammock but he's partly out of the water, :S

·
Registered
579 Posts
As long as he is not showing any other signs of distress and is acting normally overall, I wouldn't worry too much...

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
He doesn't seem to be, he actactually seems more happy if anything, I only just put an IAL in his tank so maybe that's what's perked him up lol

Same I think it's rather cute to, Bill does a lot of cute things that I love him for, so many people say fish don't have personalities, they are so wrong!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts