Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm trying to buy a betta from thailand right now and the breeder says it only takes 24 hrs for it to get here once sent out. Is this true? I didn't think that was physically possible but ive never shipped fish before so I don't know.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
It is very true that it takes 24 hours from the shipper to the trans shipper where the betta will be quarantined for a few days and then from the trans shipper to you will be overnight shipped to you. Many shippers from around the world only ship on certain days. This is due in part to how many they ship at one time. So don't think you will be getting your new betta in 24 hours from Thailand. Your Trans shipper will receive your betta with in 24 hours of the day the shipper ships You may get it within 2 weeks.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok thanks! And I have already worked out the shipping date with the seller. I just wasnt sure about the time but Im relieved to know my first time shipping fish he wont be in the mail long. Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
18,821 Posts
Yes, shipping from overseas is 24 hours. What is more important is the time from transshipper to buyer.

I would use Mr. Koo in MN unless are closer to the one in CO (can't remember her name...I think it's Linda Olsen? Olson?) and can drive to pick up. If you can't drive to pick up then ask her what her turnaround time is.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes! The seller I got him from is like that so I do expect him to stay in the bag. I just hope he's ok it doesn't turn out that the DOA policy is needed...

·
Registered
564 Posts
I was like a first time parent at the birth, the first time I had fish shipped to me.
On absolute tenderhooks.
But it all went very smoothly, and he arrived in superb condition. Since then I have had 4 more deliveries, and feel more confident each time. So far, out of maybe 60 fish in those 5 deliveries, there have been no losses, either during shipment or in the days afterwards. It is turning out to be my preferred way bring fish to the house.

I hope everything goes smoothly for you.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
I wasn't really up to date on my time tables for the transshipper, I haven't had fish shipped to me for over 10 years. My first experience was my last. I waited for two weeks to get a DOA. I was on the phone daily to the transshipper pleading for him to ship to me. But well that was 10 years ago and some transshipper's back then were not very ethical. The ones Russell has told you about I would trust. Russell knows people and has dealt with these people before many times.

I know everything will go smoothly for you. Enjoy your new friend.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts