Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I got Wilhelm, his tail was in shreds and it was so hard to figure out what tail type he was. The store labelled him as a CT because of his "spikes" but recently I've been noticing that he isn't growing in any spikes like a characteristic CT. I know what CTs regrow their tails the rays don't fork out as much as they would if they had not been damaged. Soooo .... what do you think Wilhelm is?

Very recent pics:

When he had first arrived:

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
Looks to be, with a decent 180 spread and a butterfly pattern. Mr. V is more of a better tell than I am on the quality of fish though.

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
THe first picture makes it look like he is a halfmoon. Though he could also be a super delta, as it is had to see his tail when he is at full flare. Honestly the last recent one shows he is a blue halfmoon butterfly.

·
Registered
11,653 Posts
definitely mislabelled :lol: I agree with kfryman.

·
Registered
11,653 Posts
xD I love the mislabelled ones LOL. Big Red was a VT. WAS. xD now he is a delta :roll: cheaper for me lol.

·
Registered
6,408 Posts
Yes he's definitely a Halfmoon and a very pretty one with that. And I agree that he is a blue HM butterfly as well. Sadly this happens to bettas all the time. Some are just not as lucky as he is to be saved by someone whoe cares.

Thank you for saving this poor guy. I'd get him on AQ. Salt very soon. It could take a a couple weeks, but his caudal could be full again. Also he looks like a tail biter.

·
Registered
2,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Wil's got some AQ salt in his water and high protein foods to stuff himself with, as well as some BWE and water changes every few days. I'm just happy that he's safe, because I knew that if I didn't get him no one would.

·
Registered
6,408 Posts
That's very nice to hear. This is also one of the reasons I don't like going to my LPS. I'd buy them all. Though I know that by buying them, I'm supporting the LPS's system.

I would have still gotten him.

·
Registered
329 Posts
He's going to be beautiful....!!! Well he already is ,, he will be more beautiful!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts