Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my betta is in a tank with 6 neons. I fed him 2 pellets today, and when I came back tonight, one neon is gone... no where in sight and the betta looks a bit full. I don't know the difference between bloated and full though, but surely he didn't eat a whole neon! He's not that big!

·
Registered
4,899 Posts
I really don't think he ate a neon. There'd be blood in the water :/ The neon might still be in there, he may have gotten sucked into a filter, or he may be somewhere on your floor..

·
Registered
785 Posts
I had a neon (fred) disappear once, I have never found his body either in the tank or out. I will always wonder where he went.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've looked everywhere in the tank. Under the plants and everything. Here's a pic of Sawyer, and it's odd that he's this size after eating only two pellets.

·
Registered
4,899 Posts
If the neon died of natural causes, or even harassment, I don't think it'd be unusual for the other neons to eat him, and the betta might have had a share.

·
Registered
490 Posts
I looked all over. It's not impossible, their tank is on a heavy dresser and I'm not risking damaging the tank to pull it out and look behind. I also have two cats, but they don't know what to do with a live mouse, I don't know if they'd try to eat a fish. If she did jump, it was through a very small hole.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts