Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It took about two frustrating hours, but I did it! I make a lot of pokemon using sculpey baking clay, but this one is by far the biggest, most challenging one yet!

Here he is! My shiny Gyarados, Red!

Lobster Decapoda Toy Fictional character Figurine

Let me know if anyone wants to see more of my clay pokemon. :)

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Red side view

Red Fictional character Tail Paper

He is leaning on a toothpick because he is not baked yet. He currently falls over because he is still so squishy. He will hopefully harden up by morning so I can see if he stands. If not, I need to do something with his tail to balance him. He needs to be able to support his own weight before I bake him. :-?

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Red back view

Red Pink Animation Tail Pokémon

If he is unbalanced, I think I will add more pieces to the tail. That might help with support.

·
Registered
153 Posts
That's so awesome, I love pokemon! I heard you can use sculpty inside tanks. If that's true Id love something like this to go in one of mine :eek:

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yea that sounds really cool :)

A little update on Red, while I was baking him his head and the three body segments after it tipped, breaking his left mustache thing off into two pieces. I am attempting to glue them back on and together. Another segment (a new one I added to balance him) has decided to split the body almost perfectly in half, so I am working on securing them back together as well.

Other pokemon I've done are (newest to oldest) Treecko, Eevee, Mudkip, Totodile, Cindaquil, Charizard, Charmander, Squirtel, and Bulbasuar. I also made miniature Eevee, Charmander, Bulbasaur, and Squirtel. Those are smaller than a penny, though Bulbasaur is about the size of a dime.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I just made a shiny Mew. It is pretty cute. :) Do you think anyone would be interested in a how-to thread? It isn't really betta art, but it is art... Mostly..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts