Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally my VT fries have grown to 1.3 in. Now they're nipping at each other's fins and need to jar them. I don't want to use plain old jars that look too boring so I thought, if I'm gonna jar them, I'm jarring them in style.

·
Registered
3,979 Posts
Those are cute. Does the cover come off to make it easier to change the water?

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
Oooh those are wine bottles. I thought you went out and bought a bunch of fancy tanks

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That is neat, and looks good. I have to ask... Why are you using gravel in jars? There's no real purpose to it besides aesthetics and it takes up valuable and limited room for water... Otherwise, I think it's a great idea.
I jarred them with a half gallon bottle, do you think I should take out the gravel?

·
Registered
3,979 Posts
Gravel will hold in fish waste. Depends on if you give the bottles a full rinse out when you change water or not.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Gravel will hold in fish waste. Depends on if you give the bottles a full rinse out when you change water or not.
I do wash it 100% every other day, all 20 of them. I just don't know what to do with the new batch, a hundred of them. They're turning a month old in 10 days.

·
Registered
3,979 Posts
I do wash it 100% every other day, all 20 of them. I just don't know what to do with the new batch, a hundred of them. They're turning a month old in 10 days.
I hate to say it, but ... deli cups. You just can't do fancy jarring with that many fry. Learned from experience.

·
Registered
3,419 Posts
... Don't wanna seem dumb but since I'll be breeding in th future I would like to get these... What are they exactly? And from where? Haha ;P

·
Registered
3,979 Posts
What, the deli cups or the bottles? Deli cups are the things that you get when you buy potato salad or something at an over the counter deli. You can buy them in bulk at places like Smart & Final. Don't forget lids.

The bottles? No idea. That's an awful lot to get the old fashioned way... ;)

·
Registered
3,419 Posts
No not the deli cups, I know what those are ;)

The bottles that are in the wooden like containers. Must be wine bottles then haha thank you both!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts