Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
Jeff, male betta fish
Discussion Starter #1
We got our male betta fish a new tank and decorations 2 days ago. He now sits on the top of the tree near the top of the water. All day everyday. Only moves to make bubbles and eat. I've read they like leaf hammocks so if he living his best life or slowly dying? 馃槙

Registered
The form mentioned above is designed to help when members post in the Diseases and Emergencies forum. If the Discussion starter wants to move this thread there a moderator will be happy to do that.

We got our male betta fish a new tank
Did you cycle the tank? Do you know what the ammonia, nitrites and nitrates are?
Here is a tutorial regarding cycling, and you can take a sample of water to a pet store and they'll test it for free. Also, there are water parameter home testing products available :)
CYCLING: the two-sentence tutorial

Registered
Also, you don't say what size tank that is, but It looks relatively small (5 gallons?). The filter is putting out a good flow. The water may be too turbulent for him to spend much time swimming, and he's just trying to stay out of the current. If that's the case, and you are able, turn down the flow or possibly wedge a piece of filter foam across the output of the filter. Alternatively, you can put a tall fake plant in the water directly beneath the flow of the filter to break it up and slow it down.

Registered
Nebby (Nebula)
To me it looks as if he doesn't have much space to swim around. The tank itself is rather on the small side and the decorations take up lots of space as far as I can see. If you fill out the form we can maybe tell you more.

Registered
Akila and Atticus <3
Also, you don't say what size tank that is, but It looks relatively small (5 gallons?). The filter is putting out a good flow. The water may be too turbulent for him to spend much time swimming, and he's just trying to stay out of the current. If that's the case, and you are able, turn down the flow or possibly wedge a piece of filter foam across the output of the filter. Alternatively, you can put a tall fake plant in the water directly beneath the flow of the filter to break it up and slow it down.
To me it looks as if he doesn't have much space to swim around. The tank itself is rather on the small side and the decorations take up lots of space as far as I can see. If you fill out the form we can maybe tell you more.
I agree with Antares78 and nwdwn23.
The tank doesn't look like 5 gallons, maybe 2.5 or 3.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts