Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As i posted in a thread a couple of days ago, I got a sweet deal in a 48 gallon tank so i upgraded from my 20 gallon and this is the result

IMG_0312.jpg

IMG_0313.jpg

Any suggestions about backgrounds, decorations, etc....

·
Registered
632 Posts
Looks great! For a background, I would just do a black background with paper, also a suggestion, since its a sorority I would look around for deals on fake plants and even real ones, and plant is a little more!

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorority?

·
Registered
4,603 Posts
Aren't they platys?

I would suggest a rock wall background, as I think they always look nice and natural. :) Alternatively, a heavily planted river scene can add a lot of depth.

I am a massive fan of heavily decorated/planted tanks, so I would move the castle bridge thing to the middle and make it a focal point, and pack out the sides and backgrounds with lots of silk or live plants. :) Varying heights, with shorter at the front and taller at the back, always look good and add depth. :)

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have 1 male betta, 6 albino cory, 3 spotted cory, 6platy, 3 mystery snails, 3 south american bumblebee catfish.

·
Registered
4,666 Posts
Your tank looks very well!

In My Opinion your tank looks quite bare. I really love the look of moderately-heavily planted tanks and drool over almost every one I see. I would recommend a bit more plants. You cold easily start out with a clump of hornwort, or java moss. And they will spread quickly

As for backrounds I would recommend either a natural rock backround as these are very attractive and look stunning. But 3-D backrounds also minimize the swimming space which lowers the stocking potential. Or maybe a black backround to contrast the bright colored fish and plants.

As for stocking. You stocking has virtually no flaws. The only recommendation that I have is to purchase about 3 more spotted cories so they feel more secure. And will be much more interesting to watch.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I live in miami and i have a heater in the tank, water temperature is always 82 and the heater is just in case it gets cold.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
something i can do to make the water colder?

·
Registered
4,666 Posts
Not very much. But as long as there are any visible signs of adverse effects on the catfish, then you should be fine. The only side effect is a heightened metabolism level

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hard to tell since i never see them, they only come out at night time.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts