Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I heard about playing with your betta with a lazer so I used my cat's (weak) lazer pointer but I'm not sure if it accidentally made contact with his eye D: He's moving around and I keep checking him and he's moving his eyes normally. I'm not sure if I'm paranoid. HELP? D;

·
Registered
903 Posts
Please don't use a laser pointer to play with your betta. You can draw on his tank with different colors of dry erase markers. My sassy female tiffy throws flaring fits when I draw on her tank. Then she throws a fit because I drew on her tank, it's a cute show. I think your betta will be fine as long as you stop using laser pointers to play with him.

·
Registered
903 Posts
Also what kind of cat do you have? I'm just wondering because I love cats and dogs.

·
Registered
903 Posts
Sounds like she's having a mini spa day. I just had to take my dogs to get there nails cut when they were at the vet for a yearly check up. I use to have a cat when I was younger she lived to be 16. How old is your healthy and happy cat?

·
Registered
639 Posts
If you want a nice interactive way to play with your Betta, try getting some airline tubing. You could make a hoop for him to swim through for a frozen blood worm treat. I've heard they like floating ping pong balls to bat around as well :)

Always keep a close eye on him during play to ensure he is actually enjoying himself and not getting stressed... but setting a few small tasks for a treat once a week is a good way to interact with them.

·
Registered
903 Posts
Aww that's adorable, does she like watching your betta?

·
Premium Member
22,700 Posts
You can use a laser to play with your fish if you want to. Because of light refraction, it probably didn't actually hit his eye. You just have to be careful is all but there is no reason you can't use a laser with your fish.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts