Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I used to have some bettas when I was in college, but had several other tanks and didn't really put much thought into them. Several years later, married and with 3 kids, I find that bettas are all that I have room for. I wanted to get a fish to put in my "mancave", and saw this guy at wallmart.

I know he's just a wally world fish but I think he's cool and has a personality, and he has not peed in my floor once since i've had him, unlike the dog. All I have are very poor cell phone pics right now cause I cant find the camera. I don't think these pics do him justice.

Anyways meet Squirt.

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
I love the name!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How big does this kind normaly get? I've never had this kind before. He's just over and inch long, minus the tail fin. He seems alot smaller that other bettas I've had in the past.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Beautiful betta, especially for Wal-mart! He will probably not get that much bigger, but the way you explain it, he still sounds like a juvie. Welcome to the hobby!

·
Registered
4,590 Posts
adorable boy, and welcome to the forum, i outta warn ya about the betta craze. be carefull here :p we make each other want to get more fish XD

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
pictures? lol now its your turn

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I saw this one the other day when I got my CT. He has a curled fin and his dorsal fin is curled also. I kept thinking about him and went and got him too last night. He is not very pretty and would have died in the cup at the store cause no one would have bought him. I'm not sure what color you would call him, but I hope he gets more color with the right food. He has already gained alot more color than he had last night. Is he what they call a VT? I'm still new to all of this.

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
Yes that is a VT and a cute one at that! Nice find.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts