Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
**please help** I got my king Beta fish one week ago and he has not eaten yet when I got him he was slightly bloated and I believe had worms because his poop was white so I've been treating his tank with general cure for the past few days but he is refusing to eat anything and I'm worried is there anything I can do I am feeding him pellets and black fly larva flakes and also offered him Frozen blood worms

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
18,320 Posts
Some Betta do not eat when first introduced to a new environment. Make sure to clean up any food he does not eat; leaving it in will foul the water.

Is he otherwise active? Does he extend his fins or keep them clamped?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
He is more active since i have added his water heater which gave me hope but for the most part he hides in a decorative dino skull i have in the tank. I havent had him long but he does seem to extend his find out sometimes. He seems much more docile and less active than my other bettas and bettas i have had in the past.

·
Super Moderator
18,320 Posts
Do you know what he was being fed before you purchased him? He may have been fed live or a different frozen and not recognize what you've offered as food. For that reason, I would offer one pellet and if he doesn't eat use a turkey baster to remove. Wait a few hours and offer again. I've not had a Betta allow itself to starve but I have had new Betta go two or more weeks before eating. Or, you can alternate between Bloodworms and pellets. But always remove if he doesn't eat within five minutes.

You can soak the pellets in garlic juice to make them more enticing.

I'd also try to discover what he was being fed before you got him.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts