Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
854 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They spawned April 28th 2013 and hatch today may 1st 2013. I made a few mistakes along the way and I wasn't ready when they were hatched. They are still with dad he is doin a pretty good job. Looks to be about 50 which I'm told is pretty good for this hard Calgary water. Started brine shrimp hatchery today and will be getting live plants for infursia

·
Registered
262 Posts
Good luck! That dad is gorgeous! :)

·
Registered
854 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Here's a pic to show his colour better. I'm hoping to try and start a marble hmpk line. But who knows what this spawn will get me. I could change my mind depending on the outcome

·
Registered
262 Posts
Oh I love him!! His color is so pretty :)

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
Yeah I would expect a high degree of variation of your fry with those genetics.

I have Giant duckweed, java moss, hornwart, Vinegar eels and Microworms ready to go. Looks good!

·
Registered
854 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
He has moved his nest out from under the cup and into the plants. Most of the fry are either clinging on the plants or just under then nest. It looks like some are trying to swim but more like they are having spams. I'm thinking ill remove him when I he back from school and start my fist feeding.... Tonight or tomorrow???

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
That should work fine. They don't need much to start and no need to foul your water with overfeeding. You will also want to start adding 1g of de-chlor water every day. Remove water via an airstone and airline draining into a bucket. When the fry get bigger you can start syphoning the bottom very carefully. Good luck.

·
Registered
7,813 Posts
Be careful not to add to much water at a time... They are very sensitive to parameter changes at this young stage. To add the water reverse siphon it in with airline and an air valve/other flow control method. Aim for one drip per second... Yes, they really are that sensitive at this stage.

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
Matt is correct. Exact same temperature and very slowly. The sensitivity at this stage is very high. Most fry are lost in 1st 2 weeks due to sudden change in params.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts