Betta Fish Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
I moved fry to grow out the day after free swimming and added 1 gallon of water daily via drip method. The water was aged and heated when I did it. Now the fry at 5 weeks are thriving. I siphon out ten gallons then dump 5 gallons in at a time and it doesn't bother them at all.

·
Registered
854 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Man these guys are tiny. I've bred tons of fish but these are the smallest by far. It's like looking for a needle in a hay stack to try and fins one. I think I may have over fed last night. There are still micro worms, should I siphon them out.

·
Registered
854 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
5 days old. I don't have any camera capable on focusing on them sadly. But this spawn had a really low turn out. I counted 13. But some are hiding. Probably only 25 max. Plus some might be lost

·
Registered
854 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Nice. I think I will wait until 2 weeks to slowly add a bit of water each week. Or day. I'm not sure how I will add water for sure yet. I'm hopping I have more. That way my rookie mistakes don't end me up with only like 10 from a spawn will all the time I put in. Or those ten better be show quality which is nearly impossible from a f1 pk x hm spawn.

·
Registered
854 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
I would love that. Then I can get some good HMs to breed to the hmpk spawn to actually get some short fin hm and try to start a marble hmpk line.

But my f1 will not be very high quality since f1 hm x pk usually yields 2 ray fish. I won't be gettin true good hmpk till f2 f3

21 - 33 of 33 Posts