Betta Fish Forum banner

41 - 60 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Urgh getting really bad at keeping this updated. I have got into SW at the minute so a lot of my attention is focused on learning that.
I did however manage to finally get a couple of good shots of Opal
His colours are weird, some days he looks so blue, others he has hardly any

Attachments

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Here is the tank that is taking up my time. 2.5G Pico Macro Algae "Reef"
Using only Macro Algae (Xenia Coralis for another tank that's cycling, i was trying to get all the Hitch Hikers off them)
With Miss Penny Pincher (MPP for short) - Scarlet Legged Hermit Crab

Attachments

·
Registered
564 Posts
Wow! Sexy indeed! What are they called?

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Wow! Sexy indeed! What are they called?
Scientific name is Thor amboinensis, also known as Squat, Sexy or Anemone Shrimp
Haven't named them individually yet, tehy still are waiting on the first molt. After that sexing and naming should be easier
I'm thinking abusive names as they wilfully trample my Corals

·
Registered
564 Posts
Stunning! And the fact that they trample the corals just makes them more... impressive. lol

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Stunning! And the fact that they trample the corals just makes them more... impressive. lol
Honestly all of my clean up crew are bulldozers in this tank, Hermit Crab likes to pluck off parts of my Zoa Corals, my Turbo snail ignores the nuisance algae and eats my macro's(seaweed). Got more Corals in the post today so will see how they hold up when i add them

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
So got a little Firecracker Goby for my Salt Water Pico tank, goes by the name of Benny
Must have been Hungry as he ate my HErmit as soon as I added him from Quarantine

Attachments

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Aww, rip hermit crab haha.
Cute fish though :)
Yeah he is a murderous little bastard.... thankfully just spotted my Hermit. So clearly Benny was eating her Molt.
He has been chasing the Sexy Shrimp around the tank for most of the day now as well......
Thankfully he doesn't seem to annoy my coral, or try and host the Duncan (don't want him getting ate)

Reactions: bluesamphire

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
Some sad news, got home from work last night to find that somehow Cobolt managed to get past the dividers in my split tank and fight not just Opal but Ouro as well. I put Opal and Ouro into QT's with airstone to try and save them. Seems the beating was too much, both passed today.

Cobolt is looking like death himself at the minute, hes lost both pectoral fins in the fight.

Never doing a divided tank again

·
Registered
564 Posts
Oh, that’s terrible. I am so sorry. Hope he survives!

Reactions: Ratvan

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
Cobolt is hanging in there, I am still so mad at myself for this mistake. Here is his less wounded side. The other side looks like he has injured/missing an eye. Before the fin came off

Attachments

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
Lost Cobolt as well. All three gone in a matter of days

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
Aww, I'm so sorry for your loss Ratvan. <3
Thanks, still really angry with myself for causing this.
Going to be draining the tank and shuffling things around this weekend, might do another SW tank or something else
Need a bit of time to forgive myself first though

Reactions: Sebastian Illa

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
Accidents happen, you shouldn't blame yourself. :) all we can do is learn from it. <3
Yes I know, I was in too much of a rush to replace the dividers and go out after cleaning the tank (deep clean every 6 months) must have not put it back in, or missed a suction cup.
Still very irritated with myself, speaking with the Mrs about the idea of a Firefish Goby (Saltwater)

41 - 60 of 63 Posts