Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I SWORe this entire time it was just a travel betta tank. I guess not.

However, I don't know what size it is. I know Buddha's bowl is a 2 gallon bowl, but I'm not sure about the kirtter keeper. It could be 2 gallon as well, but I'm not sure.

does anyone have one that is in use that I can use to compare?

And if it is a 2 gallon, would that be safe for another betta?
And if yes, what filters/heaters would be safe for that?

I'm trying to compile the best items for each sceneario, because I might be able to use my own money I managed to save for a corgi, for Buddha and my future betta (I'm set on the name Sherlock).

Knowing my Petsmart sells halfmoons for only $8.99 I'm so excited :)

But I'm not sure if that will work for a halfmoon if it is a 2 gallon, or if Buddha should go in there...or if I should jsut get a 5 gallon...uggghhh too many choices haha

I did spot a Aqueon 2.5 gallon at Petsmart for $30 and I'm not sure if that's a good price or if I should just stick with what I have.
Opinions?

·
Registered
785 Posts
I actually prefer square/rectangle tanks because it doesn't distort the image of what is inside the tank. That said pet/kritter keepers are very good for their price, but only have come with the tank and lid. You can usually find a 10 gallon with a filter and lid for $30 as a combo pack if size isn't an issue. But if you're looking for a small tank I do think that the aqueon 2.5 gallon is nice because it comes with a lid lights and a filter(useless by the way) any tank under 5 gallons is hard to maintain a cycle thus making the filter a waste of space in the tank.

·
Registered
3,853 Posts
There was a thread on here that said how big each kritter keeper was.

I think the large is 3 gallons

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just did some research (after getting highly annoyed at google xD) and found out the tank I have is only a gallon.

But I had no idea that filters were useless for tanks under 5 gallons o.o
that saves me moneyy

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
omg I'd love a bubbler! :D
Buddha seems to fascinated by the little bubbles n his tank haha

·
Registered
6,460 Posts
yup! you can get on of those splitters and the control valvws and split it between the two tanks so its not too strong :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts