Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just set this tank up about 5 weeks ago, yes its fully cycled.

Tank Aqua One 65 liter'
Light Aqua one Fluro Grow running a 20w Sunlight and 20w Tropical tube.

Stock, 1 male betta and his food, cherry shrimp and Ramshorn snails

Anyway onto the fun bit, photos.

There's food here

Got it.

So? Im hungry OK.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I guess tank mates are out of the question, He even killed a big mystery snail, it seems anything that fits in his mouth is food, and it it wont fit he will rip it to bits that do fit.

It only took 4 bites to swallow that shrimp.

·
Super Moderator
19,237 Posts
You'd need a lot more plants, ground cover and hides if you have tank mates; especially shrimp. But...some Betta are just meant to live alone and it is always great when that fact is acknowledged instead of the owner continually condemning other fish, inverts and snails to certain death.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have a virtually inexhaustible supply of Cherry shrimp, Trumpet snails and Rams horns, I love dwarf chain loaches and have 20 monkey's in a 15 gallon tank, I also have 8 YoYo's in a 4 foot tank, 28 loaches eat a lot of snails and shrimp.

When I set up a tank I go with 1 species only per tank and anything live I put in there is food for my fish.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)

Today was water change day so I took the opportunity to do some pruning and added another tissue culture pot of Staurogyne repens , I moved the rotala rotundifolia to a brighter spot in the tank and added a few strands of Water sprite to make a nice Betta bed he seems to love it.

I also cleaned the filter, I washed the sponges out in hot water but thats fine as I only use them for mechanical filtration, my HOB is full of ceramic media and not those smooth ones and no I didnt wash the ceramic media, I know better LOL.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I just set this tank up about 5 weeks ago, yes its fully cycled.

Tank Aqua One 65 liter'
Light Aqua one Fluro Grow running a 20w Sunlight and 20w Tropical tube.

Stock, 1 male betta and his food, cherry shrimp and Ramshorn snails

Anyway onto the fun bit, photos.

There's food here

Got it.

So? Im hungry OK.
Wow! Beautiful fish in a beautiful tank! Thanks for sharing!!

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I decided to get rid of the wood today, I prefer plants, I am now going to leave the plants alone for a month then its time to prune.

·
Registered
589 Posts
I really love this tank and your giant is fantastic. All the different plants look amazing. Are you using CO2 in this tank or is this just ferts and high light? Iron supplements for your red plants? Im trying a panted tank for the first time and If it grows out to look even half as good as yours I’ll be a happy lady

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hi

Thanks, No I do not use CO2, All I use is Seachem flourish comprehensive for the planted tank 1 milliliter 2 times a week and seachem root tabs, The lighting is 2 fluro tubes ( T8 ) on for 10 hours a day

This one

and

1 - 20 of 49 Posts