Betta Fish Forum banner

21 - 40 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Excellent! Thanks for replying, I appreciate it greatly.
No probs, My setup should work in most tanks.

A dual T8 or T5 set up like this is about $100, $60 for the unit and $20 for each tube, If you are considering fluro get T5.

Sorry all you LED fans but LED just cant match fluro.🤣

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #27

After a bit of a prune

I can finally see where Im going the left end will have Alternanthera reineckii and staurogyne repens allowed to grow about 4 or 5 inches tall.

The middle will stay about the same height the Alternanthera reineckii on the right side will be a little taller, the middle will be Ambulia allowed to get no higher than half tank height.

Vals stays where it is and the background plants will be allowed to grow to the top

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
I do not care how big that algae wafer is, I will eat it

Just a quick update.

I am using the viva grow LED again, a friend of mine helped me set it up, that's the actual light level in the tank.

@RussellTheShihTzu

My friend made me an offer I couldn't refuse, she set the light up and gave me some dry fertilizer she mixed up ( its a secret formula or some nonsense personally I think she uses it to grow dope plants but hey each to their own ) Anyway.

If I run the light for 9 hours a day using 2 milliliters of her secret fertilizer once a week, I get a giant koi female Betta.

Breeding giants might be fun.

21 - 40 of 49 Posts