Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just an update of my current tanks. :D

1) 20G long sorority. Sand bottom, filtered, newly planted, large ceramic gator/monster center peice (cured and fired, causes no problems with water chemistry.) Currently houses seven girls, snails and shrimp.

2) 10G *HEAVILY* planted tank. Soil & sand bottom, filtered, skull hide, tons of various plants, snails, shrimp, and one male betta.(Apollo)

3) 5G, newly set up. Sand bottom, sponge filter, large pot hide, plants to come. Currently houses a few snails and one male betta. (Mumford)

·
Registered
980 Posts
That gator monster thing is... creepy.. I love it! Could you post more pictures? Maybe other angles? This is giving me some great planting ideas for my sorority.

As much as I love it, though, I hate to be the villain.. but the bamboo you have planted on the right of the picture (The snout is pointing right at it) isn't an aquatic plant. The roots and stem can be in water, but if the leaves are left under water they'll decay and cause problems.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That gator monster thing is... creepy.. I love it! Could you post more pictures? Maybe other angles? This is giving me some great planting ideas for my sorority.

As much as I love it, though, I hate to be the villain.. but the bamboo you have planted on the right of the picture (The snout is pointing right at it) isn't an aquatic plant. The roots and stem can be in water, but if the leaves are left under water they'll decay and cause problems.
Thanks for letting me know about the bamboo. I can't even remember where I got that... Well, off to fix that. xD

Also, I would be more than happy to post more photos of the tank! The artist who crafted the gator is a good friend of mine, and is also demanding more shots.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts