Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:3
Hey guys! I went to Petco today cause me and my friend were just going to look at the adoptions they had, but what did I run into?
A beautiful shelf of beautiful bettas, or rather, a whole section of them, ranging from all the different kinds of bettas.
I never knew there was such thing as a double tail betta... I've grown up raising regular bettas. Or crown-tailed ones. But the half-moons, kings, half-moon double-tails, double-tails... oh my. It was overwhelming. I wanted to buy them all! :D

But I picked out this little guy (pictures after Leonardo), and he's just so interesting. He's a brownish color, with dark stripes that are sometimes visible that streamline down his body. his fins are nice too! I'm not sure if they're like that, because the double-tail my friend owns has a amore rounder double-tail, you know? Alejandro's tail is a double tail, but it's kinda like it's got ridges, It's not smooth, but it's a nice and interesting feature. His tail fin is red, and the dorsal(?) fin on top is red with a hint of blue, and a nice area of green towards the end that almost looks like a striped texture. It's interesting to see all his colors when they reflect off the light. :3 Like Leonardo's! When I look at her from side profile and she swims, her tail does a little wave motion and the light reflects her red fins off as a blue color. When I look from an angle it reflects green, and when I look from bird's eye, it shines purple.

And I love how Leonardo has two little red dots on the top of her head. You probably can't see them, but I think they are frikkin ADORABLE. Oh, how I wish I can hold her. >w< But yeah! New addition to her tank too, a live plant. I plan on getting more, but they only had that one left and it was the only one that didn't look dead. :3

Here are some pictures of Leonardo and Alejandro. <3

Alejandro->

Leonardo->

·
Registered
485 Posts
I love your little girl! And if you've not had bettas before (I can't tell) welcome! Your boy is beautiful as well; he reminds me of a DT of mine who died.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I love your little girl! And if you've not had bettas before (I can't tell) welcome! Your boy is beautiful as well; he reminds me of a DT of mine who died.
Thank you. <3 And I'm sorry for your loss. :C

·
Registered
3,651 Posts
Alejandro..what a great name... LMAO :p (I have an Allejandro, too!)
Shes adorable! I like the color contrast with her gravel :DD

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
i like his color and the two tone of his anal fin is great :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts