Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone! This is my first official discussion starter post hehe. I just want to talk about fish, with people who actually like to talk about fish.
let’s see, I have six tanks currently. Three male bettas, five female bettas, three goldfish, two male guppies, a Bristlenose pleco and five nerite snails. LOL!
Id like to eventually get a 55 or 75 Gallon to upgrade the gold fish they are currently in a 29 gallon. It would be awesome to get a “chiller” for the goldfish to lower the water temp but they seem to be doing ok in 70 DF I’ve had my comet goldfish for five years and she is just doing her thing. When I upgraded her to the 29 I was silly and brought home a fancy goldfish baby and a black Moore baby. Ya know, when I got the fancy and the Moore they were all in the same tank together at my LFS but when I got them into the tank the fancy beat up the Moore! The next morning he was so beat up I was angry at the fancy tail LOL so the Moore ended up in his own little recovery tank in my sons room. My goodness he has grown! My son of course claimed the black Moore goldfish and named him cannon ball. Well since he grew so much and was doing so well we decided to try putting him back with the other goldfish and he is SUPER excited to be with the others... maybe too excited. Did you know goldfish breeding season is April-August? Well now I know and anyone reading this does 🤣 they aren’t kidding when they say breading marks! Its very noticeable. So that’s my start. I just thought I’d start with the goldfish since I don’t really talk about them much.
tell me about your tanks? What fish do you want to get in the future? What tank is you’re absolute favorite right now? Let’s talk fish 🤩

·
Registered
406 Posts
I'd like to breed bettas! My brother is getting a 10 gallon tank and a female betta, I will get a 5.5. Would a DT crossed with a CT result in a type of sun tail? Or mutants? Or just crowntails because DT is recessive?

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I honestly don’t know much about betta genetics. Only what I’ve read online about double tailed being a recessive gene lol because I happen to have a double tail male. I haven’t read anything about Delta. Breeding bettas would be very exciting! It’s a great future goal for your fish hobby I’m sure you’ll have to work hard taking care of all those fry lol but so so rewarding. There are just to many other breeds of fish I’d love to have so I doubt I’d ever have the room to breed anything 😂 I might have too many tanks as it is... that’s a lot of power bars to plug in.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts