Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4,602 Posts
Your picture is really tiny. Is there any way you can post a larger one? I can't see it enough to tell that I need to cross my eyes. :p

What size tank have you got for the goldies? :) I'm jealous - you have the two types that I want.

·
Registered
4,602 Posts
Actually, that really is too small. Great for a betta, but bettas have small bioloads and get 2.5 inches. The species of goldfish that you have get 6 inches minimum (black moores get as large as ten inches) and have massive bioloads. Keeping them in a tank that is too small is going to end up with unhealthy, stunted goldfish that will only live a couple of years instead of the 10+ years they could easily achieve in a larger tank.

"Happy" isn't really something you can use to describe fish. They don't feel emotion. They are currently healthy, but with the amount of ammonia they are producing, they won't stay that way long. "It's a fish" isn't an excuse to give them what amounts to a dangerous environment.

I'm not trying to nag or criticise you, but for their sake it is really important that you upgrade their tank or rehome them ASAP.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.