Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all~

For I think I've figured out what's been plaguing my fish for the longest time- dreaded camallanus worms. (or at least some internal worm that's causing problems with my corydoras, rasboras, possibly endlers etc.) :frustrated: So after much research I ordered Levamisole from Subaquaria. Does anyone have experience almost positive it will be, but wanted to check in with you all out there. I am aware that I will need to find a place away from treated tanks for my snails. I AM hoping it kills off my pest snails, though. Also, should fish be 'dewormed' once a year, as a preventive?

Thank you very much.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
@cakes488 I'm almost certain it's what might be causing random deaths every now and then. One instance in particular was a cory that died after months of fighting. He had what I believed to be a red worm sticking out of his belly. for some reason his tail melted a bit at the end. I have no explanation, as I'm fastidious about my fish. S.I.P. little guy. He was a fighter.
Do you know if it is safe for bettas, though? That's my main concern.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
No, I didn't. I'm certain it was a worm though, just not certain on the kind. The symptoms are that of the callamanus though. I tried General Cure in the past and it didn't help, neither did Paraguard, which is my standby miracle cure in most cases. I have an old and fragile betta with scoliosis, so I wanted to check with this new med because he's delicate. :smile2:Thanks!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.