Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an old mini bow 5 that I want to move my female betta into. I want to give her a planted tank, but when I tested the lights on the tank, they didn't work. I went out and bought new lights, but they didn't work either so I know that it's the hood that is broken.
What can I do to provide light for my betta? I don't want her to be in the dark and I know plants need a lot of light. I looked everywhere for a mini bow 5 replacement hood, but I can't find one. Is there anything I can do that would provide enough light for plants? I really don't want my betta to be in the dark all the time.

·
Registered
610 Posts
A lot of people use regular LED lamps, like the ones from Ikea, in place of a strip or hood light. I think any lamp would work, as long as it will take bright enough bulbs to make your plants happy. I'd just be worried about her jumping out with no hood on the tank. Is there something else you can put over the top of it?

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I like the outside lamp idea, but what kind of a hood could I get for a bow front tank? I would get a screen lid, but they are rectangular. How would I get/make a glass lid?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts