Betta Fish Forum banner

5421 - 5422 of 5422 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Extremely grateful for your fast and great response. Making a knot to the air line was a great tip tho. I won't make any water change then but in order to turn the filter on I had to replace the evaporated water. The dad is pretty calmed and he swims around fry acting normal. I read online that some breeders with good reputation leave the male sometimes till 3 months with the fry. I'm not using infusoria or vinegar eels or anything like that; just Hikori First Bites. Is that ok? I don't know if u mind watching videos of prefer pics or idk even if u have time for that. I just bought a male "Bumble bee" at Petco. I know is a made up name but I'd like to hear ur opinion. I know the video doesn't have the best quality but that jar's glass is kind of foggy. He's way bigger than the Mustard Gas. They are eating New Life Sprectrum Grow as u recommended me. Well.. thanks once again. Regards

·
Premium Member
22,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #5,422
Extremely grateful for your fast and great response. Making a knot to the air line was a great tip tho. I won't make any water change then but in order to turn the filter on I had to replace the evaporated water. The dad is pretty calmed and he swims around fry acting normal. I read online that some breeders with good reputation leave the male sometimes till 3 months with the fry. I'm not using infusoria or vinegar eels or anything like that; just Hikori First Bites. Is that ok? I don't know if u mind watching videos of prefer pics or idk even if u have time for that. I just bought a male "Bumble bee" at Petco. I know is a made up name but I'd like to hear ur opinion. I know the video doesn't have the best quality but that jar's glass is kind of foggy. He's way bigger than the Mustard Gas. They are eating New Life Sprectrum Grow as u recommended me. Well.. thanks once again. Regards

Bumble Bee Betta - YouTube
Good song in the background ;-)
Photos are easier for me just because I tend to do most of my stuff at work and video's aren't allowed.
He's sort of a Butterfly at the moment due to the white trimming on his fins but he's really just a multicolor since he doesn't fall in one specific category. He's pretty though.

Infusoria typically rides in with live plants so if you have any plants you can throw in there, definitely do. Hikari isn't that great for carnivore fish as it's made for the herbivore/omnivore so I don't usually recommend that. Without live food, your fry will likely grow slower. Live foods are nearly essential for breeding Betta but you might be able to get by. Try some hard boiled egg yolk as well if you can. Take some of the yolk and crumble it into tiny pieces before dropping it into the water. Don't use too much as it can cloud the water and make it nasty, but a tiny piece will help as it's much higher in protein which is what they need.

5421 - 5422 of 5422 Posts