Betta Fish Forum banner
21 - 40 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
6 Bettas, Innumerable Snails, 3 Mice, 2 Hissing roaches
2,917 Posts
That video of him eating is so precious!!!
And the way he watched the food fall for a moment :LOL:

That'd be a great name!!

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
So on my way to my LFS this lunch time, apparently they have another Dwarf Fuzzy in stock (hopefully actually a Dwarf Fuzzy not a Dwarf Zebra this time) so want to see if it is female. If so then I have roughly a week to set up a QT tank to make sure that she eats frozen and is actually a female and not a juvenile male. Photos to follow in a few hours :eek:

·
Registered
1) 25 litres, Espresso the betta,2) 60 litres with 2 blue rams,3) my cat!
3,128 Posts
Amazing looking fish!! Are you buyig any of them?

·
Registered
3,128 Posts
Wow, looks cool!

·
Registered
3,128 Posts
Soooooo beautiful!

Reactions: Ratvan

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 · (Edited)
Those eyes are awesome I’ve never looked that hard at saltwater snails, I’ve clearly been missing out!
Oh yeah Marine Life is weird and wonderful to be sure. I am hoping to pick up an Urchin at some point as well for Clean up Crew duties depending on how well the Conch does. Those little critters are hilarious as they pick up and transport anything that isnt glued down including corals and even other snails and crabs
Plant Vertebrate Organism Marine invertebrates Underwater

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
So a bit of an update on both tanks.

Mantis Murder Manor - continues to live up to its name. The only clean up crew i have remaining is the Conch, one Hermit in a huge shell and a lone Nassarius Snail. The rest have turned into snacks for the Mantis Shrimp. Other than that the Shrimp herself is doing great and is nearly up to full size. However I have noticed that one of her eyes is missing. I am hoping that in her next moult she will start to regrow the missing eye and will look even weirder for the next few moults. Oh yes and also my Bubble Tipped Anemone has split once again so I now have 5! I am going to monitor algae growth and see if i need to include some more clean up crew. If so might try a small urchin.

Lionfish Lair. Still looking for a female to introduce to Swim Shady, other than that my Mushroom Corals are expanding and reproducing, I might bring some of these home and swap them for some of the anemones, as the corals and anemones are in the same genus, they shouldn't have much of chemical warfare with each other. I also noticed that a few pest anemones are popping up on the rocks so will have to look for some Berghia Nudibranches (fancy sea slugs) that will eat these and establish a population in the tank to control it.

Picture of Swim Shady so its not all text
Liquid Water lionfish Fish Felidae

His fins are just beautiful, like a butterfly

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
So i got into work this morning to notice that I have a tank full of snacks.... molly fry. Will be interesting to see how they cope with the flow in the reef tank and if they can escape the Real Swim Shady
Macro photography Natural material Science

Unable to do a full count but i estimate somewhere between 7 and 12 Fry

·
Registered
3,128 Posts
Wait, you have moly in the salt water tank? I'm lost.

Reactions: Ratvan
21 - 40 of 52 Posts