Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, so I have a tank full of low light plants. And thye are startignt o yellow, I read that plants need fertilizers. In my tank, I have hornwort( the one that is yellowing) , some sort fo red plant ( it was free...) and java fern. Soon to ass wisteria and Cork screw val.

What is the best liquid fertilizer I can get? I need to be albe to get it from Petsmart. I also am considring getting a sword plant ( labeled as assorted) Will I need root tab ferts? Will I need the root ferts for the vall as well?

Some brand names woudl be helpful . I also heard red plants like iron.. to make them red . Will that help.. mien are turning yellow/green as opposed to red.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
I use Flourish by Seachem, that works well.

If you need Iron I know Seachem makes a liquid fertilizer full of Iron, you could pick that up too.

They also make Excel which is basically CO2 and you dose it daily, that'll help your plants flourish even more.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Okay, thats what I had been reading , but I wanted to make sure haha. I will probably pick some up tomorrow. Maybe a sword. They are jsut so nice looking.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.