Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've noticed, or at least I think I see, a lot of little white worms in my tank stuck to the glass moving. I am really worried about this and 4 my fish, Lebron. Are these little things harmless or R they health-threatening 2 my fish? He is the only one there, and has no fishy friends or live plants. He still seems 2 be active & flares at EVERYTHING. He eats well and is very alert. When I checked really close they r like SO microscopic that U have 2 stay there 4 a while 2 make sure that they're moving. They r seriously everywhere!!! How can I stop them from multiplying? I really don't want 2 lose my fish from something that could be cured. If u know the problem and solution, PLZ tell me.

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
they sound almost like microworms, you haven't fed babies in there have you? I would bag your fish and do a complete wipe down of the tank with super hot water or a vinegar solution. If they still persist I would treat with a parasite treatment and then do another 100% tank cleaning

·
Registered
1,121 Posts

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
If their harmless I wouldn't worry

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
as far as I know the only harmful thing about them is that they need ammonia to thrive which means if they're big enough for you to see then you have more ammonia in the tank than would be ideal

1 - 7 of 7 Posts