Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a betta fish male and I wanted to know if I could feed him live foods? If so would Live Brine Shrimp be alright? Is there any other live foods? Someone once told me not to feed them live foods because they could carry diseases is this true? I would not be feeding it as a main food just as a treat :)

·
Registered
582 Posts
Brine shrimp, mosquito larvae, bloodworms, and California black worms, are some great choices for live foods

·
Registered
5,671 Posts
Place a bucket outside (even in winter), toss in some leaves, maybe a tiny bit of dirt, grass.. and check it often. Daphnia will spawn in the water in winter, and you will get mosquito larvae quite a bit when it gets warmer.. the larvae are pretty safe to use, as they haven't had a chance to go out and eat on anything. Just rinse them off in a shrimp net and feed.

Live brine shrimp, blood worms are great- even fry of other fish work. Live food is great as long as you are in some control of where you get it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.