Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have my boys in one gallon tanks/bowls at this very moment. I'm thinking of dividing a 10 gallon for 3 of them and sticking my little Dragon in a 1 gallon.

Anyway, I was wondering if there are any live plants you can keep in a 1 gallon.

I prefer floating plants myself, but I can do plants that have to be planted in the substrate.

if there isn't any, then what kind would be best in a divided 10gallon?

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
In a 1 galon you don't want to go with too many plants because they will take too much space. Also, you need hardy plants because of the constant water changes that maintaining a 1 galon require.

I would go with Java Fern or an Anubia for the tank. As for floating, I'm not an expert on those but I have some Wisteria floating in my sorority tank and it does rather good. Not such what the constant water changes would do to the plant.

·
Registered
5,671 Posts
For a 1 gallon, heated, unfiltered bowl I would look into Java Moss, Anubias, Java Fern, Raja Grass.. those are low light, no need for substrate, nor filter tanks.. small tanks are just fine. You can float the Moss or Grass, or put a rock on top of them to keep them down.. can tie the anubias and fern to a rock or decoration to hold down as well.
Easy to care for- don't need much of anything... and when they start to outgrow the 1 gallon, you can take some of it and place it in the 10 gallon.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Alright. Thanks for the help guys!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts