Votes: 6 30.0%
  • Swordtails

Votes: 1 5.0%
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's your favorite Betta compatible live-bearer? Which one do you think has the best personality, and is the most peaceful? Vote!:)

·
Registered
86 Posts
Molly definetly they are so beautiful and their personality are so bubbly, I used to have school of black mollies and when it came feeding time they would swim in circles and zig zags. One

·
Registered
86 Posts
Of the best

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Guppies will nip bettas' fins a lot of times. I have a handful of guppies in one of my 5.5 gallons and they are a blast to watch! I don't think I'd put them in with a betta, though. :)

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes, I agree Guppies will nip Bettas fins especially if it's a male Betta with male Guppies. However I never see my female Guppies nip at my King Betta! Probably because his size and his short fins though!

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Definitely platies. Mollies and swordtails are too mean to my bettas and my bettas seem to get harassed by guppies due to their constant attempts to breed with the bettas. Platies leave my bettas alone and are super sweet. I can have colorful platies without my bettas reacting to them as well, while swordtails might be targeted. It's funny, actually. My bettas have eaten guppy fry before, yet they leave the platy fry alone. Platies galore! xD

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have also had a few bad experiences with Mollies and Bettas!:-( It's a shame since the Mollies beauty and size makes them good candidates to be with Bettas. I have never had Platies because they're kind of on the less talked of side of live- bearer keeping. The things I have heard about them have been nothing but good, though! I actually don't think I've ran into a story about an aggressive Platy before!:-D

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Right?! Platies are so awesome! it's a shame not a lot of people find them preferable livebearers. I've had a female panda lyretail molly take out the eye of my super docile male betta. :eek: He was in with two platy fry who he never attacked, chased, or flared at. He was so sweet and she almost killed him. She was smaller than him too! I'm never getting any other liebearer except platies again.

·
Registered
988 Posts
I have three red platies in quarantine right now. I hope they do well with my betta, Granite. They'll be going in my planted 20g. I've never had livebearers before, so I'm not sure what the other species are like, but the platies have been fun to watch so far. They're very active and skittish.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.