Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Oooh, I find the big ears quite pretty, but they look a little funny on the short finned plakats to me. I pretty much love any betta that has color on their pectoral fins, and white especially. They all have great colors though! I'm a sucker for salamander with white though so I love the last one~

That $4 deal is amazing, but I wonder if maybe it's because I might see something that looks like a lump near his mouth. He's still gorgeous though.

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I do not see how he can with those huge fins. :(

·
Registered
442 Posts
Remember, what the auction is set at is NOT what the fish is worth. From what I've seen Betta Hero tends to way over-price his bettas although you'd have to ask a breeder what the true value of one of those fish is.

Although it is pretty I don't think "Big ears" is necessarily a good trait (NOT speaking from a breeding stand point). I would imagine it must be a pain swimming with those. Like trying to walk with flippers on.

·
Registered
601 Posts
I dont like the big ears lol

·
Registered
414 Posts
I think the big ears are neat looking, but I would be worried all the time. I'm paranoid about my boys fins as it is, and to have to worry about the ears, too? Yikes, I'd be watching the tank all the time!

Also, the first boy is GORGEOUS! I want!

·
Registered
721 Posts
I LOVE the pink one! I would totally get it if I had room right now.

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Remember, what the auction is set at is NOT what the fish is worth. From what I've seen Betta Hero tends to way over-price his bettas although you'd have to ask a breeder what the true value of one of those fish is.

Although it is pretty I don't think "Big ears" is necessarily a good trait (NOT speaking from a breeding stand point). I would imagine it must be a pain swimming with those. Like trying to walk with flippers on.
Over-pricing I bet is one of his tactics. Some people place a huge price tag on something in hopes that you will just buy it because it is so expensive. He hopes your thought proccess will be "well it must be worth it if he wants that much".

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
i think the op fish is pretty beautiful but his finage looks weird or that could be the angle and him not being flared.

Imagine having them tear the fins to bits that would be quite painful.
and especially if they get caught in the filter or something. and they would need BIGGER tank space

·
Registered
5,903 Posts
The first fish is so cheap because his fins are horrible. Not to say he's not neat and would make a fine pet.. but from a breeding stand point..horrible.

No betta.. not even one that poops diamonds is worth $1000

·
Registered
7,186 Posts
I believe this guy has had auctions go for up to $200...which is stupid because his fish are just bleck.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts