Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want a 20 gallon (preferably long) tank. If anyone is looking to get rid of one, let me know. Thanks

·
Registered
11,653 Posts
Sad thing is... I have a 20 sitting empty D: too bad you didn't leave near me :(

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Whoa! Just checked and it would be $30+ :/ thanks anyways....

·
Registered
3,337 Posts
Have you tried looking on craigslist .org or posting a "looking for" ad there?

·
Registered
980 Posts
Isn't the dollar a gallon sale still going on? You could always get one of those for 20 bucks, lol, less then shipping!

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Isn't the dollar a gallon sale still going on? You could always get one of those for 20 bucks, lol, less then shipping!
Oh yeah!

@littlegreen: It is a sale petco has where every aquarium is as many dollars as gallons. (ex: 40 gallons is $40)

·
Registered
722 Posts
I went to Petco today I forgot to update my thread. It turns out the $1 per gallon sale was store by store. As they remodel the stores they have a grand re-opening sale with a ribbon cutting ceremony, prizes etc. THAT's what was going on on the 18-20th by me.

The national event hasn't happened yet, but if your Petco is remodeling watch your local fliers!!! The first 100 customers with a rewards card got $10 gift certificates today. They were out of 55 gallon tanks and 40's but I picked up a 29gallon tank for $19 using the gift card today.

·
Registered
11,653 Posts
Lucky people :mad: We don't have Petco here!!! We have Petsmart.... Or we have Petcetera which is a part of Petco but I don't recall awesome deals like that.

Yikes 30.00 shipping? and it would depend on the weight too, along with packing so it wouldn't break x.x

·
Registered
11,653 Posts
agreed! I got my 10 gallon with 35.00 dollar heater, rocks, an ornament, all for 7.50 :) And if your area is just as wasteful, you'd actually find what you need walking down the alley where people throw out their stuff! :roll:

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Oh yeah! I think I will check out the thrift store!

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
If you live near a college or university, this is the best time of year to go dumpster diving where students lived and are now moving out. They tend to just dump perfectly good stuff of all kinds.

·
Registered
11,653 Posts
Agreed! Heck in my area, we found a 29 long,10, 20 long, heaters, animal cages, entertainment stands, computer desks, kitchen chairs and table, side tables, coffee tables -takes another breath- couches and chairs, sleds, children's toys unused and unopened, reptile supplies and tanks over 40 gallons, radios/cd players, speakers, vehicle speakers that work, tools.... :lol: we're pretty wasteful and over half goes to the dump/dumpsters rather than the thrift shop!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts