Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently I got a female betta as a birthday gift. She was given to me along with a 1 gallon tank and is the first fish (or pet) I've ever had. I don't know much about bettas but I know that a 1 gallon tank isn't enough for this girl and I should buy something bigger. I've actually become quite attached to her and I would like to make sure she is happy. The problem is - every tank I've looked at is upwards of a hundred dollars. On a student's budget I need to find something a bit more reasonable then that. I thought about a ten gallon tank, I think this could eventually be a tank for more than just my betta. Although at the moment I am just looking for a new home for her. I already have a heater but am assuming I would have to purchase a new filter for a larger tank. I already have a heater. At this point, I just would like to keep this little guy alive and happy. Recommendations for moderately priced tanks would be appreciated. Any advice, particularly on cycling for this potential tank, would be greatly appreciated.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts