Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a 2.5 gal with BD (male betta) in it now. I'm about to dump money into a stand and a 10 gallon tank, but I'm sort of worried about how I'm going to handle the adjustment from a relatively small tank to a much bigger one. Any advice on what will be different, or just handling a larger, more crowded tank in general?

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: I was thinking about getting a pleco, but it seems like they all get huge. Are there any plecos or similar fish that can live in a ten gal?

·
Registered
4,603 Posts
For you, the only difference will be in water changes - you won't have to do as many! Whilst it is cycling you'll still have a few, but when it is finished 25-50% per week will do the job. :)

For your betta, I suggest packing it really full of decorations and plants, as some bettas can be really overwhelmed at first by all the extra space. Lots of hiding spots gives them more confidence.

Plecos aren't really good for a ten gallon, as you know. A school of pygmy or panda cories may be an alternative. :)

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good idea on the decorations. I hadn't even thought of that. I'll look into the cories for sure.

Also, I just noticed the Three Musketeers references in your sig. Props. Dumas was a brilliant writer.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey, what are average ten gallon tank dimensions? I bought a 20 gallon stand, since it was actually cheaper and cooler than the 10 gal stand they had, but it almost looks too short length-wise now that I've assembled it.

I looked online, but most products don't mention the l/w/h.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts