Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all! I've been busy with life and it seems my 5.5 has finished cycling, and I want to start putting plants into it. I understand duckweed, java moss and java fern are one of the easiest to grow and to plant a tank with. I would love any suggestions and if anyone has any they could spare (I would pay shipping) please let me know!

·
Registered
631 Posts
I wish I had some to offer but my plants are just starting to take off and produce.

Good luck!
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
96 Posts
My only suggestion is don't deal with PetSmart if you can avoid it. They sell overpriced garbage. I read the Wysteria grow like weeds. I picked one up this weekend, got it home,opened it up and had stalks that are already falling apart. Read Mo's Sticky about plants... he/she did a great job on it.

·
Registered
631 Posts
Huh, I got a few Anubias and my regular Java Fern from PetSmart and they're all growing like weeds. I did get all of them on sale, plus I was picky about getting the healthiest plants available.

I do like the sticky that Mo put together, it's very helpful.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
96 Posts
Well, yeah I'm a lil biased and that reminds me... make sure they're actually AQUATIC plants. I also got burned by them buying semi-aquatic plants. The ol' White and Gold Ribbon (lucky Bamboo) has struck others on here.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts