Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the past while, my female veiltail has been fin biting and after reading lilnaugrim's post on it, I'm pretty sure it must be due to boredom. I keep her tank (10g, filtered, 80˚F) very clean but it is really sparse. After upgrading her to a 10g with nice filter and heater, I pretty much ran out of betta funds. For Christmas I was finally able to acquire an LED light featuring 6000K daylight. I adopted her from my fiancé's animal behavior class in April 2014, where she had been around many other bettas, both female and male. She seems more on the curious, playful side than the aggressive side. I've only seen her flare a couple times, and she loves it when I hold out dried bloodworms for her to jump up and catch. This is her tank right now:

Because of my new lights, I made an investment in Mineralized Topsoil from bamaplants.com and will slowly start adding plants to her 10g. I also ordered microsword from the website and will put that beneath or next to her root-cave decoration because she loves lying there. At the time of ordering the topsoil, that's all I could afford thanks to shipping costs. But I just acquired a little money and am looking to invest some more once the topsoil arrives. Although they aren't in the tank, I have a ton of those glass marbles that I'll be adding back in. They're out right now cos they got cleaned.

So, what would be some great low-light plants that she could hide and float in? In her past tank, she hung out in those tall plants a lot. I had been thinking along the lines of hornwort (coontail) or foxtail, and I'd love to get a chunk of driftwood later on, especially something that releases tannins for her fins. Also, what about tank mates? Some ghost shrimp possibly?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts